Julia Tindell announced as the 2013 Commencement student speaker

By The Weekly Staff | May 3, 2013 | News

Tindell was also as ‘Gustie of the Week’ in the previous issue of <em>The Gustavian Weekly. Mara LeBlanc</em>

Tindell was also as ‘Gustie of the Week’ in the previous issue of The Gustavian Weekly. Mara LeBlanc

Senior English Major Julia Tindell has been selected as the 2013 Commencement student speaker. She was selected by a committee of seniors based on a writing sample, interview and preview of her speech. Commencement will take place on June 2, 2013.

“I am thrilled and honored to have been selected as the commencement speaker for this year’s graduating class, particularly considering all of the really stellar candidates. Gustavus has done a great deal for me and I consider this to be an opportunity for me to give something back. I’m excited to share my thoughts on identity with my community, and to inspire my classmates to take our next step boldly and without fear.”

-Julia Tindell