The Gustavian Weekly is Gustavus Adolphus College’s student newspaper. With a circulation of 1,600, we reach students, parents of students, faculty and alumni of the college, a prime consumer market in the St. Peter and Greater Mankato area.
We offer the only weekly advertising opportunity at the college — newspaper, radio, TV or otherwise, offering area organizations the opportunity to reach a unique group consumers.
By strategically targeting your audience, you will likely receive a higher return on investment at a reasonable price.
About the Gustavus Audience
- College’s Recognition for excellence
- Nobel Conference in October brings world-renowned scholars and 5,000+ guests to campus
- Christmas in Christ Chapel celebrates Christmas and the work of students involved in the fine arts program
- Building Bridges and MAYDAY! explore diversity, peace, and social justice issues
- Summer camps, athletics, fine arts, science research, catering events and other programs bring guests to campus frequently and further engage the community in the college’s mission
- 2,456 (FTE, fall 2009) students
- 57.3% women; 42.7% men
- From 41 states and 13 countries
- 199 full-time faculty; 87 part-time
- 97% of tenure-track faculty hold the terminal degree in their fields
- 25,000+ living alumni; residing in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands, as well as 61 other nations
- Saint Peter, Minnesota, USA; a city of about 10,000 in the heart of the Minnesota River Valley
- 1 hour southwest of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 10 minutes north of Mankato/North Mankato
- The newspaper
- A stable award-winning publication, in print since 1891
- Distributed on Fridays, offering an opportunity for businesses to market weekend events
Display Advertisement Rates
The Weekly has many different advertisement options which can be tailored to best market your product or service.
The flat rate for advertising in The Gustavian Weekly is $7 per column inch. One column is 1.9083 inches. A gutter of one pica separates each column. Please contact us for more information about column widths.
Also, we will insert printed inserts in The Weekly for $280 per thousand issues. Our typical print run is 1,600 issues.
Distribution bin advertisements
The Weekly offers a 7.5” wide by 13” high advertisement space on the sides of its distribution bins. For a cost of just $180, we hang your ad on both sides of our five on-campus distribution bins for a period of one month. We provide full color printing of your ad, free of charge.
We are excited to be able to provide additional value to our advertisers through our discount programs!
- Prepaid advertising: 5% off
- Six or more consecutive ads: 20% off
- Ten or more consecutive ads: 25% off
- On-campus advertisers: 25% off
Note: For the consecutive ad discount, ads must run in that number of consecutive issues.
The Weekly is distributed most Fridays throughout the academic year. Advertising opportunities exist in every issue. See our publication schedule for more information on publication dates.
All ad specifications and sizes must be submitted to the Advertising Manager before 5 p.m. on the Monday prior to the desired publication date, so don’t delay – contact us today!
Feel free to contact us even if you are not sure of when or where (or even if) you plan advertise; we’ll do what we can to help you with your marketing strategy. We offer design services, as well.
For more information, or to place an ad, please contact our Advertisement staff.
The Gustavian Weekly – Box A-6
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Ave.
St. Peter, MN 56082
We look forward to hearing from you!
Also see: advertisement policies.