Caf Tips and Tricks
1. Be creative with ingredients and combine things you might not think to otherwise.
2. Don’t get a tray or everyone will know you are a First- year.
3. If you have extra money, drop some on friends or BYOB (bring your own bag) to stock up on snacks.
4. If you’re looking for a warm comfort snack on a cold Minnesota winter night, put your cookies on top of some aluminum foil and send them through the toaster.
5. If the cashier asks you if you got a second serving of wontons, say you asked for one whether you actually did or not.
6. If you bring a dirty tray back from hill sledding, the dish room workers are liable to throw silverware at you from the sides of the carousel.
Caf: the Cafeteria, which is located in the Jackson Campus Center.
ConVick: Confer and Vickner, one building that has two names (for some reason) is located on the Southwest side of campus near Pittman and Sohre.
Coed: The name for Norelius Hall. We refer to it as Coed because it was the first building on campus to house both men and women.
Arb: the Linnaeus Arboretum is located on the Southwest side of campus. It’s a really nice place to relax until you remember that it’s named after a racist ol’ scientist.
Kato: Mankato, the closest town where there is lots of shopping.