Senior Spotlight: Ryan Tollefsrud

This recurring segment will highlight a senior Gustavus athlete each week.

Q: What are your expectations for the upcoming season?

A: We have an extremely talented team. We have so many quality players that we can utilize each and every game, which makes us a very dangerous team. With that said, anything less than a Final Four appearance in the NCAA tournament would be a bit of a disappointment. I think most of us expect this from our team and believe it can be accomplished.

Q: What is your best athletic memory?
A: My best memory would be defeating St. Scholastica in the first round of the NCAA tournament last season. It was an exhausting game and continued into overtime until Patrick Roth decided to score us the game winner. We sprinted towards the crowd and slid head first in the mud and rain. It was an experience that no one on that team will soon forget.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: For me, it’s incredible knowing that my professors are more than willing to provide me with help and really care about my future. Gustavus offers countless activities where students can get involved and have a fantastic college experience. As students, we have pride in Gustavus and make it a community worth joining. I have loved making so many friends here at GAC and couldn’t imagine it any other way.