Terry Morrow

I feel that Mr. Morrow has come under much flak recently, many of it very much undeserved, and that he is being very unfairly represented by our friends on the right side of the political spectrum. So, I am going to set the record straight.

I had a chance to listen to Terry, and let me tell you, this man is a great man, strong in stature and in voice. And despite the literature I have received from the Republican Party that has said otherwise, I can say that Terry Morrow does not, in fact, hate us as college students. In fact, he has been working hard for our rights. He voted against a bill that would require us, as private school students, to get new licenses or ID cards. He has also worked closely with the Minnesota Private College Council on many higher ed issues, including protecting the State Grant Program, which is extremely pertinent, considering the number of Gusties who receive financial aid. He has also, in years past, been a great help to students who wish to intern at the Capitol. Not to mention, he led the efforts to rein in textbook prices, something that has always been an issue for college students.

So, no, Terry Morrow is not an evil, college student hating monster, but is in fact one of our greatest advocates and guardians of our rights, and this should be kept in mind come November 2.

Stetson McAdams ‘14