The College Republicans have every right to espouse their beliefs and views. Specifically, after the contentious Kavanaugh-Ford hearings, tensions on both sides of the political aisle have been at near-insurmountable levels and due process should be afforded to anyone who has been accused of any crime. Socialism and communism have been responsible for more than 100,000,000 deaths in the 20th century, so it is not egregious to say otherwise. Moreover, Gustavus has, in the past, taken down conservative-leaning posters at tabling events because they have disagreed with the message. And, in 2016, I had to speak with members of the administration over pro-Republican chalkings around campus before the election, meanwhile, people have written things like “Republicans are Nazis” and didn’t even receive a slap on the wrist. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, regardless of what anyone thinks.
- Behind the scenes of Christmas in Christ Chapel: The unseen production behind Christmas in Christ Chapel
- Campus Safety Report (12/6/19)
- Psychology Department showcases work: Psychological Studies department hosts annual research symposium
- J-Term courses maximize winter enjoyment: Gustavus provides students with opportunities on and off campus
- C in CC: a celebration of unity through dance
- Cultivating the C in CC experience