The College Republicans have every right to espouse their beliefs and views. Specifically, after the contentious Kavanaugh-Ford hearings, tensions on both sides of the political aisle have been at near-insurmountable levels and due process should be afforded to anyone who has been accused of any crime. Socialism and communism have been responsible for more than 100,000,000 deaths in the 20th century, so it is not egregious to say otherwise. Moreover, Gustavus has, in the past, taken down conservative-leaning posters at tabling events because they have disagreed with the message. And, in 2016, I had to speak with members of the administration over pro-Republican chalkings around campus before the election, meanwhile, people have written things like “Republicans are Nazis” and didn’t even receive a slap on the wrist. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, regardless of what anyone thinks.
- Gustavus raises over $493,000 for the Gustavus Fund: Annual Give to Gustavus Day successful after twelve hours of donating
- Campus Safety Report (11/16/18)
- Delta Phi Omega hosts breast cancer event: Three speakers detail their experiences with breast cancer
- Research on Botswana economy shared in lecture
- Gustie of the Week: Alexis Sienczak
- Gustie of the Weekly: Meghan Gallagher