The College Republicans have every right to espouse their beliefs and views. Specifically, after the contentious Kavanaugh-Ford hearings, tensions on both sides of the political aisle have been at near-insurmountable levels and due process should be afforded to anyone who has been accused of any crime. Socialism and communism have been responsible for more than 100,000,000 deaths in the 20th century, so it is not egregious to say otherwise. Moreover, Gustavus has, in the past, taken down conservative-leaning posters at tabling events because they have disagreed with the message. And, in 2016, I had to speak with members of the administration over pro-Republican chalkings around campus before the election, meanwhile, people have written things like “Republicans are Nazis” and didn’t even receive a slap on the wrist. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs, regardless of what anyone thinks.
- COVID-19 Online Issue: March 26th, 2020
- Faculty and Staff Cope with COVID-19 Pandemic
- College Faces Financial Fears Amid COVID-19: Uncertain Times Lead to Financial Worries among Staff and Students
- The Difficulty of going Digital: Online Learning Forces Classes to get Creative or Make Serious Cuts
- Unprecedented Events: 1998 Tornado, 2020 Coronavirus
- Searching for structure in a chaotic world