Monday, February 20
• Campus Safety investigated a bias incident in Old Main.
Tuesday, February 21
• An injury that occurred on Jan. 10, 2012 in the Lund Center was reported to Campus Safety.
• A student in Pittman Hall was cited by Campus Safety for a drug equipment violation.
Friday, February 24
• Campus Safety found a discharged fire extinguisher in North Hall.
• A student in Pittman Hall was cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption and possession of alcohol. The student was also cited for a College policy violation.
Saturday, February 25
• Campus Safety investigated the theft of an unlocked bicycle from the College View bike rack.
Sunday, February 26
• A student in Pittman Hall was cited by Campus Safety for an of age alcohol violation.
Tip of the Week:
Getting from place to place safely
• Never walk or jog alone at night. If you do walk or jog at night, do so with at least one other person or in groups.
• Should you find yourself walking alone at night, avoid secluded or dimly lit areas. Stay away from wooded areas or locations where shrubs or buildings might provide cover for assailants.
• If you feel you are being followed, yell or scream and move toward a public, well-lit area or try to reach a campus “Blue Phone,” many of which are located around campus. Additionally, all residence halls and many other campus buildings are equipped with exterior telephones located near their primary entrances.
• Should you be the victim of a hold-up, don’t resist or endanger your own safety. Call the police immediately to report the crime.
• Always be aware of what is going on around you. Be alert to your surroundings and possible safety concerns, whether you are in your place of residence or moving about the campus or city.
• Never accept a ride from a stranger.
• If you need transportation during evening hours, the Campus Safety “Safe Rides” Mobile Escort service travels a fixed route from 6:00 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. Look for the SAFE RIDES signs at the designated pick-up points. You must be waiting at the marked safe rides stop location when the Escort arrives.
• For escorts after 1:30 a.m., call Campus Safety at x8888 (507-933-8888) to request a walking escort.