Monday, October 5th
- A CF was informed by an AC of a room in North Hall having an unapproved A/C unit.
Tuesday, October 6th
- Campus Safety was alerted to a student with suicidal ideations over the radio. Student was located off campus in a safe environment.
- A CF saw two residents in Norelius Hall not following the COVID policy (wearing masks and social distancing).
Wednesday, October 7th
- Campus Safety received an anonymous call of concern that an off-campus visitor was in Sorensen Hall. Campus Safety, along with two CF and an AC found no one in the room, but found unknown items present in the room.
Thursday, October 8th
- Two CFs were doing rounds in Norelius Hall and found a room with the door open; three residences were not following COVID policies (wearing masks and social distancing).
- Campus safety responded to a medical assist on college grounds, Chapel Circle. One student was transported to Rivers Edge Hospital.
Friday, October 9th
- Campus Safety Responded to a Fire Alarm in Norelius Hall.
Saturday, October 10th
- Campus Safety observed an alcohol violation in Eckman Mall. Student was referred to the campus conduct system for underage consumption.
Sunday, October 11th
- Campus Safety took a report of damaged property.
- Campus safety was investigating an odor of marijuana in Sore Hall when they discovered a conduct violation. Campus Safety confiscated a candle.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
Protect Your Property – Thefts are crimes of opportunity and occur primarily when property is left in unlocked or unattended areas.
Avoid bringing cash, wallets, watches, or other valuables to the athletic facilities, and keep your locker locked whenever unattended. Don’t leave laptops or other valuables unattended in classrooms or other public spaces. Always secure your belongings if you will be out of the room for any length of time, no matter how short.
Report suspicious persons and incidents of theft to the Campus Safety Department immediately.