Monday, November 06
- A third party online report was submitted about a student reporting bullying and possible hazing activity that occurred in October 2016.
- A Collegiate Fellow responded to two students spreading a sticky substance on door handles in Norelius Hall. The handles were cleaned by the CF.
Tuesday, November 07
- Campus Safety responded to a report of theft of College property from the Schaefer Fine Arts – Music building.
- Campus Safety responded to a plumbing issue in the Lund Center.
Thursday, November 09
Campus safety responded to a medical assist in Old Main.
Residential Life and Campus Safety responded to a suspected drug violation in Norelius Hall. No specific location or violator were identified.
Friday, November 10
- Campus Safety responded to a report of suspicious circumstances in the College View parking lot. A vehicle was found unlocked with the engine running. It was later determined a student had left the vehicle while on an overnight trip.
- Campus Safety took a report of a student injury that occurred in the Bjorling Recital Hall.
Saturday, November 11
- Campus Safety and Residential Life responded to an alcohol violation at Norelius Hall involving three students. Case referred to the campus conduct system for underage consumption and possession of alcohol and failure to comply with a College official.
- Campus Safety and Residential Life responded to an odor of marijuana in Sohre Hall.
Sunday, November 12
- Campus Safety and Residential Life responded to a medical assist in Gibbs Hall. One student was transported to the hospital by ambulance. Case referred to the campus conduct system for underage consumption.
- Campus Safety responded to a suspicious circumstance at Hollingsworth Field. A group was found trespassing in the stadium and fled the location. One student was identified and referred to the campus conduct system.
- Campus Safety and Residential Life responded to an alcohol violation in Pittman Hall. Three students and two non-Gustavus students were cited by the Saint Peter Police Department for underage consumption. Two non-students were trespassed from campus. Case referred to the campus conduct system.
Tip of the Week:
The Thanksgiving week ahead is one typically filled with travel, a busy schedule and potentially bad weather. Remember to take these simple steps to help ensure safe travel for you and your family:
1. Know the risks before leaving home. Listen to the radio or television for the latest weather forecasts and road conditions. If bad weather is forecast, drive only if absolutely necessary.
2. Keep your gas tank above half-full. When temperatures are extremely cold, condensation can build up in a near-empty gas tank, potentially freezing fuel lines and leaving you stranded.
3. Check for routine maintenance issues on your vehicle (antifreeze, brakes, battery, etc).
4. Have an emergency supply kit for your car (https://www.ready.gov/car).