If you are a Spotify user, you are most likely familiar with its “Discover Weekly” playlist that is updated each Monday based on the songs you have been listening to.
This feature is designed to give listeners a chance to find new music without having to thoroughly search for it.
Do you ever wonder what other Gusties are currently listening to as they walk from class to class with their headphones in? Or when they are sitting in the Courtyard Caf studying away?
“Ed Sheeran’s song, ‘Castle on the Hill’ is and probably will be my GAC song.” – Skylar Abrego
Well, here is the “Gustie Discover Monthly!”
These 30 songs are chosen by Gusties themselves. Even if you don’t know a single song on this playlist, you could find your new favorite here.
To give this playlist a listen, follow The Gustie 20 on Spotify. Simply put “Spotify:user:thegustie20” into the search bar and choose the October Discover Monthly playlist.
1. “Los Ageless” by St. Vincent
2. “Pain” by The War On Drugs
3. “Dive” by Ed Sheeran
“This is probably the most vocally challenging song that Ed’s ever made, which makes it a killer sing-along song for in the car. I love jamming to it so much that my friends actually turn it off because I go so hard,” Senior Kjersten Piper said.
4. “Turf” by Aminé
5. “Love On The Brain” by Rihanna
6. “Gemini Feed” by Banks
w“‘Gemini Feed’ is my favorite song at the moment because it has such a good build and the singer’s voice is mesmerizing,” Senior Shailagh Lannon said.
7. “You & I (Nobody in the World)” by John Legend
8. “Put Your Records On” by Corinne Bailey Rae
9. “Firework” by Canyon City
“I love the song ‘Firework’ by Canyon City at the moment because it gives me rainy fall vibes and I love it,” Sophomore Sarah Hinderman said.
10. “Euphoria” by Loreen
11. “Let Me Know That You Know What You Want Now” by Atmosphere
12. “Saved” by Khalid
“My favorite song at the moment is ‘Saved’ by Khalid. I love Khalid’s sound,” Sophomore Emily Scroggins said.
13. “Bear Claws” by The Academic
14. “Unforgettable” by French Montana
15. “Woman” by Kesha
“Whenever I need a little inspiration I listen to ‘Woman’ by Kesha. It is so empowering and such a good song,” Sophomore Ella Napton said.
16. “Another Day in Paradise” by Quinn XCII
17. “Take It All Back 2.0” by Judah & The Lion
18. “Castle on the Hill” by Ed Sheeran
“Ed Sheeran’s song, ‘Castle on the Hill’ is and probably always will be my GAC song,” Sophomore Skylar Abrego said.
19. “Arms Open” by The Script
20. “Rich Love” by OneRepublic
21. “Whatever It Takes” by Imagine Dragons
“I am currently listening to ‘Whatever It Takes’ by Imagine Dragons. It is my pump up song,” Junior Nathan Dull said.
22. “Higher Ground” by ODESZA
23. “Blessings” by Chance The Rapper
24. “All or Nothing” by O-Town
“[I listen] whenever I am feeling down and I just need to let it all. It is super emotional and a great song to jam to,” Sophomore Emily Logan said.
25. “About You” by Colouring
26. “L$D” by A$AP Rocky
27. “When It Rains It Pours” by Luke Combs
“Luke Combs’ song, ‘When It Rains It Pours’ is a great feel good song. It helps you realize that no matter how bad a situation is, good will soon follow” Sophomore Trevor Sanders said.
28. “Robbers” by The 1975
29. “Meet Me in the Hallway” by Harry Styles
30. “Evening Prayer” by Jens Lekman
“I like the song ‘Evening Prayer’ by Jens Lekman because the singer himself doesn’t have the best voice, but the lyrics and artistry are genius” Sophomore Elliot Arens said.
In the midst of being involved in stressful college work finding time to relax, unwind and listen to music can be beneficial for students.