Senior Spotlight – Chad Poppen

Q: What are your personal goals for the season?

A: My goals for the season are ones focused on the success of the team. Bringing a MIAC regular season and playoff title home are something the team has strived for since last season. In accomplishing those goals we hope they lead to a birth in the national tournament, but for now we are focused on becoming a better team each time we step on the floor.

Q: What is your best athletic memory?

A: I’m hoping my best athletic memory at Gustavus is yet to come, but for now I would say it’s been the overall environment that comes with playoff basketball especially going to Saint John’s and beating them in the playoffs twice.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: I would recommend Gustavus to a prospective student a variety of reasons. First is the people, everyone is very friendly and supportive and want to see you do well! Second would be the opportunities that Gustavus provides for you. The network of alums is spread far and wide and they look for current Gusties for positions they hand available or will do anything in their power to help you in your endeavors. Third, the food! The food is great and the caf is one of my favorite spots to hang with friends and chat about the day. There are many more reasons why I could recommend Gustavus but to sum it all up, it’s a place you hate to leave and can’t wait to get back to.