Beneath The Crown (11/13/15)

What is something that, no matter what, always makes you happy to do?

“I used to be really involved with sports and I did cross-country, as well as track and field. So whenever I go out for a run, I may not enjoy it during the process, but afterwards I always end up thinking to myself  ‘I’m really glad I went out for a run today.’”

What is your favorite thing to do when you’re stressed out?

“My favorite thing to do is watch kid movies! Yesterday I watched SpongeBob SquarePants: The Movie, and after that I watched Rugrats: The Movie, and it kept going in that direction. I also like to read for fun. A lot of people in college probably don’t do it anymore, but I like doing it! My favorite book is The Great Gatsby, I’ve read that like 20 times over. Right now I’m reading Mein Kampf, and a lot of people will probably wonder ‘How is that a fun read?’ but it’s really interesting.”

What is your advice to someone for de-stressing or figuring out how to de-stress?

“I would say just keep calm and try not to make whatever it is more of an issue than it really is. Just don’t make it a bigger issue. Tackle the problems that you know you can at the moment and work from there. If you focus on it, it can make the problem seem a lot more overwhelming than it really is.”

-Elizabeth Bueno

Beneath The Crown is a project created by Nick Theisen (‘15). It is inspired by Humans of New York (HONY) and aims to bring the community of Gustavus Adolphus College closer together by providing the perspectives of the many different people who live and work at the school.