Senior Spotlight – Becca Woodstra

Q: What are your expectations for the season?

A: I had high expectations for my senior season. I knew we had some great talent coming in and that each and every person on the team was recommitted and ready to work hard.  An effort was made to move from a “good” team to a “great” team. Goals are set to win the conference and make it to the National Tournament.

Q: What is your best athletic memory?

A: My favorite volleyball memory is hands down the Nicaragua trip last summer. A large portion of the trip was spent volunteering- putting on free clinics for local youth, teaching english at schools, helping the “mobile library” give books to children in rural areas, etc. We played the National team three times, once outside on a concrete court on the ocean! The rest of the time was spent touring, hiking, surfing, swimming, shopping and enjoying the beautiful country. It was a fabulous trip with a great group of girls.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: Gustavus is a very special place with beautiful grounds, warm and engaging profs, awesome athletics, and a very talented and intelligent student body.  I’m so thankful I chose Gustavus and can’t imagine graduating in the spring and having to move on, this school has become my home.