Senior Spotlight: Nick Carlson

This recurring segment will highlight a senior Gustavus athlete each week.

Q: What were your expectations for the season?

A: My expectations for this season were to make it to conference and to place high at the conference meet. So far I am ranked first in conference and have finished either first or second in every meet except one. I also have aspirations of going further after the conference meet.

Q: What is your best athletic memory?

A: My best athletic memory at Gustavus would have to be joining the track team. I have continued to meet a ton of great people and have found success as well. After feeling like I have failed at two sports the Track team accepted me and I found that it was a great fit for me. Although I found some success I am thankful to have met and become friends with a lot of great people that push me.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: I would recommend Gustavus because it gave me a chance to stay an athlete because track was my third sport at Gustavus (after football and baseball). Being at Gustavus showed me that if you want to be something you have to take the initiative and put forth the work and it is possible to be successful in Athletics at GAC. I wouldn’t be in the spot I am today if it wasn’t for the supportive community here at GAC. It is truly an aspect of GAC that sets us apart from other schools. In all I was encouraged by one of my best friends to go out for track and to stick with it.