Senior Spotlight: Sam Falk

This recurring segment will highlight a senior Gustavus athlete each week.

Q: What are your expectations for the season?

A: Our expectation from the spring overall is to get a bid into the NCAA tournament.  By doing this we are looking to come out on top in every tournament and play well head-to-head against other teams that are ranked ahead of us.

Q: What is your best athletic memory?

A: I cannot think of just one best memory in athletics at Gustavus, but would probably have to say taking our annual trip down to Arizona in March, our annual spring break trip down to the Johnson’s in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL with the men’s team, playing with a great group of girls and coaches, and being able to play at the national tournament my freshman year with the team.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: I would recommend Gustavus to new students because it is such a family-oriented community.  It is still big enough to get the “college” feel, but small enough to excel in academics and athletics.  I am a huge fan of the athletics here at Gustavus because we strive to do our best in everything we do and have a lot of success in doing this.  If I were talking to a prospective student looking to play golf at Gustavus, I would tell them that we have one of the best programs in the country because of our coaching staff, our new facility (the DGF), and our countless opportunities provided through the program.