Senior Spotlight: Carolyn Draayer

This recurring segment will highlight a senior Gustavus athlete each week.

Q: Did this season live up to your expectations?

A: In a lot of ways yes- I got to play with my sister for the first time in my fifteen years of playing hockey, which was a dream come true for me. Not only have we gotten to be on the same team, but we’ve played on the same line for most of the year which has been unforgettably fun! I have a lot of other fun memories from this past season too. The girls on the team are my closest friends and like family- in that regard it’s been just what I hoped it would be. As far as playoffs go, things didn’t end the way we hoped they would. There’s still a little hope and we’re hanging on to that. Even if things don’t work out, I’m thrilled I get one more week of fun skating with my teammates.

Q: What is your best athletic memory? 

A: It’s hard to pin down one memory because there’s been so many fun ones created during my time here. I think the trips our team took to the final four my freshman and sophomore year were especially memorable and fun.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: Gustavus offers a great athletic community but there’s so much more to it that’s amazing: the outstanding education, the genuine people, it’s supportive community, the omelet Thursdays – it’s everything a college student could hope for and more.