Senior Spotlight: Heather Goff

This recurring segment will highlight a senior Gustavus athlete each week.

Q: What positives do you take from this season?

A: This season has been a wonderful season of true soccer play for our team. We’ve found our style of play and are consistently possessing the ball and working it around rather than playing bootball. This has made it not only fun to play, but also fun to watch. Being a team of mostly underclassmen, I’ve enjoyed my role as a mentor and leader and feel proud of how we’ve grown as a team both on and off the field.

Q: What is your best athletic memory?

A: There have been good wins, and hard losses during my time at Gustavus, but I think what I’ll always remember most is the practices. Playing things like “Burger Ball”, competing for Da’ Bosses Cup, taking awkward family photos, running “Magooches”, eating at pasta feeds, and generally having fun with the team are memories I’ll carry forever.

Q: Why would you recommend Gustavus?

A: Gustavus is a great place to call home for your four years of college. The sense of community is overwhelming, and you have the opportunity and freedom to be involved in whatever you want. Especially as an athlete, I’ve enjoyed the tremendous support of my professors and peers to pursue my academic and athletic goals.