As 2009 comes to a close, The Gustavian Weekly would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to visit our home on the web this year.
We use Google Analytics to keep track of how many people are looking our site. Here are some interesting statistics about our traffic since we relaunched the site on Sept. 3.
- 13,488 individual page views have been recorded
- 9,697 absolute unique visitors have stopped by
- The site was visited 13,490 times. If a physical paper was instead delivered to each visitor, we would have to print an average of 1,124 additional papers.
- The average visitor spends 2:01 minnutes and views 2.60 pages on our site
- 20.85 percent of our traffic comes from computers on the Gustavus campus, the rest from other places
- Our website has been viewed in 115 countries, from the U.S. to Spain to Japan to Belgium to Iraq to Moldova
- The site contains 520 stories.
- Oct. 30 was our busiest day, and Dec. 25 was our slowest day
- 34.45 percent of visitors come directly to our site via a bookmark or typing in the URL; 32.39 percent of visitors come to our site by way of a link on another site; and 33.06 percent of visitors come from search engines.
- 37.82 percent of visitors who clicked on links to get to our site came from the Gustavus site, 10.78 percent came from Facebook, and 9.81 percent came from Twitter.
- 94.10 percent of users who found us through a search engine did so through Google, 2.62 percent through Yahoo!, and 1.68 percent through Bing.
- 41.79 percent of visitors came to our site with Firefox, 31.95 percent with Internet Explorer, 21.58 percent with Safari, and 3.00 percent with Google Chrome.
- 61.53 percent of our visitors used a Windows-based operating system to view our site, 34.92 percent used a Mac, 1.60 percent used an iPod touch or iPhone, and 1.54 percent used Linux.
Thanks for your support in 2009. We look forward to bringing you more news in 2010!