Tuesday, February 1, 2022
- Sherrif’s dispatch contacted Campus Safety for a medical in North Hall.
Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in Sohre Hall and transported to River’s Edge Hospital for further evaluation.
Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Campus Safety was alerted to a fire alarm at the Adolphson House.
Tuesday, February 8, 2022
- Campus Safety received a theft report involving a student’s vehicle.
- Campus Safety responded to a call of damage to Gustavus property in Southwest Hall.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
Run, Hide, Fight…Do you know what it means?
Run, Hide, Fight, is a national campaign that Gustavus uses in providing notification during an active threat situation on campus. Basically the run part is that your first option is to get away, get as far away from the threat as you can. Second, if you can’t, then you hide. You barricade yourself wherever you are. You often see the words shelter in place, when it comes to the hide element. You shelter in place to try and keep yourself away from that threat. The last is if you just have no other option, that you can use your mental and physical capacities to defend yourself. That as a last resort to save your life, there may be a need to fight.
For more information about using Run, Hide, Fight in an active threat situation, watch the short video posted on the Campus Safety website in the right hand toolbar under “Safety Training Videos.”