Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Campus Safety came across a suspicious incident in the Jackson Campus Center.
- Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm in Rundstrom hall.
Monday, October 4, 2021
- Campus Safety provided a medical transport to the E.R. for a student in North Hall.
Tuesday, October 5, 2021
- Campus safety responded to a suspicious circumstance in Norelius Hall.
Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Campus Safety responded to a report of property damage on the second floor of North Hall.
- Campus Safety responded to a medical amnesty call at Chapel View Townhomes.
Sunday, October 10, 2021
- Campus Safety took a report from a Professor in the Fine Arts Music building. They stated that two of their keys were stolen.
Tip of the Week:
Run, Hide, Fight…Do you know what it means?
Run, Hide, Fight, is a national campaign that Gustavus uses in providing notification during an active threat situation on campus. Basically the run part is that your first option is to get away, get as far away from the threat as you can. Second, if you can’t, then you hide. You barricade yourself wherever you are. You often see the words shelter in place, when it comes to the hide element. You shelter in place to try and keep yourself away from that threat. The last is if you just have no other option, that you can use your mental and physical capacities to defend yourself. That as a last resort to save your life, there may be a need to fight.
For more information about using Run, Hide, Fight in an active threat situation, watch the short video posted on the Campus Safety website in the right hand toolbar under “Safety Training Videos.”