Monday, September 20, 2021
- Campus Safety took a report of a person seen carrying a street sign down Grace St on Saturday September 18, 2021.
- Campus Safety responded to a report of a street sign on the ground behind Gibbs Hall.
- Campus Safety responded to a Medical Assist outside the Carlson Administration Building.
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
- Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in North Hall, the student was transported to the hospital.
Thursday, September 23, 2021
- Gustavus employee called to report that their Gustavus permit was stolen from the back of their car in the Heating Plant. Sometime between 0819 hours and 1330 hours.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
Run, Hide, Fight…Do you know what it means?
Run, Hide, Fight, is a national campaign that Gustavus uses in providing notification during an active threat situation on campus. Basically the run part is that your first option is to get away, get as far away from the threat as you can. Second, if you can’t, then you hide. You barricade yourself wherever you are. You often see the words shelter in place, when it comes to the hide element. You shelter in place to try and keep yourself away from that threat. The last is if you just have no other option, that you can use your mental and physical capacities to defend yourself. That as a last resort to save your life, there may be a need to fight.
For more information about using Run, Hide, Fight in an active threat situation, watch the short video posted on the Campus Safety website in the right hand toolbar under “Safety Training Videos.”