Saturday February 20, 2021
- Campus Safety received a call from a student requesting medical amnesty due to concern for their friend who drank too much and just wanted Campus Safety to check him out.
- Campus Safety was contacted about a student of concern in Uhler.
- Campus Safety responded to an underage alcohol incident in North Hall, seven students referred to the campus conduct system.
Campus Safety came upon Residential Life staff confronting an underage alcohol incident in Sorensen Hall, five students referred to the campus conduct system.
Sunday, February 21, 2021
- A student reported their vehicle had been broken into.
Monday, February 22, 2021
- Campus Safety responded to the odor of marijuana in Uhler Hall. One student referred to the campus conduct system.
Tuesday, February 23, 2021
- Campus Safety responded to a medical assist at the Compost shop for a student that wasn’t feeling well. The student was transported to Health Services for further evaluations.
- Campus Safety responded to a male that was having a seizure on the sidewalk closest to Ring Road in between the football stadium and Southwest Hall. The non student was transported by ambulance to the hospital.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
Run, Hide, Fight…Do you know what it means?
Run, Hide, Fight, is a national campaign that Gustavus uses in providing notification during an active threat situation on campus. Basically the run part is that your first option is to get away, get as far away from the threat as you can. Second, if you can’t, then you hide. You barricade yourself wherever you are. You often see the words shelter in place, when it comes to the hide element. You shelter in place to try and keep yourself away from that threat. The last is if you just have no other option, that you can use your mental and physical capacities to defend yourself. That as a last resort to save your life, there may be a need to fight.
For more information about using Run, Hide, Fight in an active threat situation, watch the short video posted on the Campus Safety website in the right hand toolbar under “Safety Training Videos.”