Monday, September 23rd
- A CF was contact about a student of concern and Residential Life was called to help with the situation in Pittman Hall.
- Campus Safety responded to Norelius Hall for an alcohol incident.
- A CF had a student stop in the office because they were concerned for another student in Gibbs Hall. The CF called a Campus Safety officer to help assist with the situation.
- Campus Safety approached a noisy room in Arbor View East and discovered underage drinking.
Tuesday, September 24th
- Campus safety responded to an odor of marijuana.
Wednesday, September 25th
- Campus Safety responded to the Health Service for a medical assist.
- Campus Safety took a report of a lost Gustavus key.
- A student came into the Campus Safety Office to report a bike theft.
Thursday, September 26th
- Campus Safety responded to a welfare check in College View.
Friday, September 27th
- Campus Safety dispatch took a call from a student who reported she had injured her ankle.
Saturday, September 28th
- Campus Safety was dispatched to Pittman Hall for an alcohol-related concern for a student.
- Campus Safety was called by CF to Pittman Hall for two students outside smoking.
- Campus Safety responded to a threatening communication report in Sohre Hall. Campus Safety is looking into the matter.
- Campus Safety was called to Beck Hall for alcohol incident. The case was referred to the Campus Conduct System.
- A non-campus student was cited by Saint Peter Police department for underage consumption.
- ●Campus Safety at the RAVE dance questioned a student for signs of alcohol consumption.
Sunday, September 29th
- Campus Safety responded to a mental health concern at Three Flags.
- Campus Safety responded to GAC criminal damage and theft in College View.
- Campus Safety responded to an anonymous call about an unauthorized weapon in the International Center, no crime or threat.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
Run, Hide, Fight, is a national campaign that Gustavus uses in providing notification during an active threat situation on campus. Basically the run part is that your first option is to get away, get as far away from the threat as you can. Second, if you can’t, then you hide. You barricade yourself wherever you are. You often see the words shelter in place, when it comes to the hide element. You shelter in place to try and keep yourself away from that threat. The last is if you just have no other option, that you can use your mental and physical capacities to defend yourself. That as a last resort to save your life, there may be a need to fight.
For more information about using Run, Hide, Fight in an active threat situation, watch the short video posted on the Campus Safety website in the right hand toolbar under “Safety Training Videos.”