Monday, March 11
- A CF reported that a student is harassing other students and will not stop.
- Campus Safety received a slip-and-fall accident report from outside Campus Center.
- Campus Safety responded to Lund Arena Lot, a Gustavus visitor reported a hit and run vehicle accident, with no injuries.
- A student supervisor reported a theft of a fire extinguisher in Southwest hall.
Tuesday, March 12
- Campus Safety responded to Norelius Hall for the odor of marijuana, students were referred to the campus conduct system.
Wednesday, March 13
- Campus Safety responded to a Johnson Student Union for a Medical Transport.
Thursday, March 14
- Campus Safety responded to a motorist assist at the West fields.
Friday, March 15
- Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in the Lund Center. The student was escorted to Health Services for further evaluations.
- Campus Safety was notified about a suspicious incident in Beck Hall. The incident is being further assessed.
Saturday, March 16
- Campus Safety was called to the Student union for a of age alcohol incident
- Campus Safety escorted a student to River’s Edge Hospital for a sore throat.
- Campus Safety responded to a alcohol violation in Norelius Hall. Three non-students and one student were cited for underage consumption by the SPPD. The student will also be referred to the Campus conduct board for underage consumption and possession.
Sunday, March 17
- Campus Safety was called to College view apartments for Medical Amnesty.
Monday, April 15
- No incidents reported
Tuesday, April 16
- It was reported that a student in Lund Center had fainted in class. The student recovered quickly and returned to class.
Wednesday, April 17
- No incidents reported.
Thursday, April 18
- A CF let a student into their dorm and found a policy violation for undocumented emotional support animals living inside Southwest Hall.
Friday, April 19
- Campus Safety responded to prank fire alarm in North Hall.
Saturday, April 20
- Campus Safety performed a welfare check at Sorenson Hall.
Sunday, April 21
- Campus Safety and Res Life Staff responded to an odor of marijuana in North Hall. Campus Safety referred two students to the Campus Conduct System.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
In Minnesota, severe weather takes different forms depending on the season. In late spring through fall, severe weather can include thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail, and straight-line winds.
Severe Weather WATCH: Conditions are right for severe weather to occur.
Severe Weather WARNING: Severe weather has been confirmed and is moving in a direction that jeopardizes the local area. GO TO SAFETY IMMEDIATELY!
Severe Thunderstorms: Rainstorms that include thunder and lightning, as well as possibility of various sizes of hail.
Tornado: Conditions are right for a tornado when a hot humid air mass collides with a cold air mass. Wind speeds of a tornado can reach 200 MPH.
Severe Weather Response:
Be aware of your location and the location of the storm shelter in the building you are in.
If a Severe Weather Watch is Issued
● Listen to local radio and TV stations for further updates.
● Be alert to changing weather conditions.
If a Severe Weather Warning is Issued:
● If you are inside, go to the safe place in the building.
● If you are outside, hurry to the basement of a nearby sturdy building or lie flat in a ditch or low-lying area.
● If you are in a motor vehicle, get out immediately and head for safety.
As always, be sure your emergency contact information is up to date! gustavus.edu/emergency