Monday, March 4
- No incidents reported
Tuesday, March 5
- Campus Safety found the odor of marijuana in Rundstrom Hall, students were in possession of paraphernalia and narcotics, 3 students referred to the campus conduct system.
Wednesday, March 6
- Campus Safety received a slip-and-fall report for at the bottom of the Library stairs.
Thursday, March 7
- Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm in Rundstrom Hall. The alarm was caused by a student cooking in the basement kitchen.
Friday, March 8
- Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in the Campus Center for a employee that fell. The employee was escorted to the hospital for further evaluations.
- Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm at South West Hall. The alarm was activated from cooking smoke.
Saturday, March 9
- Campus Safety was requested to perform a welfare check for a student. A student was referred to the campus conduct system.
- Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm in Uhler hall
- Campus Safety responded to a fire alarm at North Hall that was intentionally set off.
Sunday, March 10
- A CF wrote a student of concern report after receiving text messages from a student about another student.
Monday, March 11
- A CF reported that a student is harassing other students and will not stop.
- Campus Safety received a slip-and-fall accident report from outside Campus Center.
- Campus Safety responded to Lund Arena Lot, a Gustavus visitor reported a hit and run vehicle accident, with no injuries.
- A student supervisor reported a theft of a fire extinguisher in Southwest hall.
Tuesday, March 12
- Campus Safety responded to Norelius Hall for the odor of marijuana, students were referred to the campus conduct system.
Wednesday, March 13
- Campus Safety responded to a Johnson Student Union for a Medical Transport.
Thursday, March 14
- Campus Safety responded to a motorist assist at the West fields.
Friday, March 15
- Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in the Lund Center. The student was escorted to Health Services for further evaluations.
- Campus Safety was notified about a suspicious incident in Beck Hall. The incident is being further assessed.
Saturday, March 16
- Campus Safety was called to the Student union for a of age alcohol incident
- Campus Safety escorted a student to River’s Edge Hospital for a sore throat.
- Campus Safety responded to a alcohol violation in Norelius Hall. Three non-students and one student were cited for underage consumption by the SPPD. The student will also be referred to the Campus conduct board for underage consumption and possession.
Sunday, March 17
- Campus Safety was called to College view apartments for Medical Amnesty.
Note: Case dispositions are available online by viewing the daily crime log on the Campus Safety web page: https://gustavus.edu/safety/incidents/index.php
Tip of the Week:
The weather has done quite a number on us this year. Gustavus grounds crew does as much as they can to help keep our sidewalks and roads clear from snow but when the snow is melting and refreezing constantly they could use some help:
● Pay attention to local weather forecasts. By paying attention to the weather you can learn more of what to expect throughout the day.
● Be sure to wear appropriate shoes during this time.
● Allow yourself more time to get from point A to B just in case there are icy conditions.
● Be sure you are watching where you are walking and not distracted by those you may be walking with or by your cell phone.
● There are some areas that will be out of our control so please make sure you find alternative routes to get where you need to go.
● Make sure that there is a full bucket of gravel near the doors.
● If you see areas that are or could become dangerous, please call Campus Safety and we can check on the issue, 507-933-8888.