Beneath the Crown (5/13/16)

What is something you’ve done that you’re proud of?

“Throughout the years, I’ve really focused on smaller goals that have made me really happy and proud. Recently I became part of the CAB Executive Board as a part of marketing. I was very proud to become a part of that. I’m also very proud of how I’ve changed and developed this year. I feel like I’ve become more of who I am and that I’ve found myself out and figured out myself a bit more.”

What is a goal that you are aiming to achieve?

“I have a lot going on next year already that kind of contribute to some goals I had. Next year I’ll be on CAB, and I’m going to be a Hoffman Center Co-Coordinator. I’m excited for junior year, even if the workload will be getting more intense. A more personal goal I have is to just get out there more. I enjoy where I live right now, but I also feel like I can be a little secluded and separated from the rest of the campus. Also it’s a smaller dorm so I don’t get to interact with as many people. So I’d really like to go out and do more, meet more people, and attend more events. I’d like to meet more classmates, since I usually sit in the front and don’t really talk to the people behind me, so maybe I’ll sit in the middle and force myself to meet others.”

What kind of advice would you give to someone who’s trying to grow as a person?

“I would say that it’s good to sit and think about yourself. Think about your values, what you would like to be as a person, and maybe some problems you have with yourself right now, and whether they really have merit. If they do, think about how you can better yourself. Also, it’s good to try and get involved in things you like, as you can develop more hobbies and interests and meet more people like yourself.”

Beneath The Crown was created by Nick Theisen (‘15). It is inspired by Humans of New York (HONY) and aims to bring the community of Gustavus Adolphus College closer together by providing the perspectives of the many different people who live and work at the school.