RE: New Gus Logo

By Dan Wingert Class of 2009 | March 2, 2012 | Letters to the Editor

To The Administration,

I was on campus this past weekend, and I was shocked and saddened to find out that the “old” Gus logo was abandoned. “Old” Gus was iconic and classy and, for me, it was the symbol for Gustavus, not the three crowns or the “G” logo. My bewilderment continued with the proposed “new” Gus logos. Who are we trying to appeal to? Kindergartners? When I look at the “new” Gus options, I feel like we are choosing a logo for some sugary children’s cereal (with a toy inside!) rather than one for a prestigious college. Gustavus deserves better than this.

Sincerely,

A Disappointed Alumnus

Dan Wingert ‘09

1 Comment

Comments are the sole opinion of the visitor who submitted the comment and do not necessarily reflect the views of the author of the article, its editors, or The Gustavian Weekly or Gustavus Adolphus College as a whole.

1. Elizabeth says:

Sitting at home on her own on Valentine’s Day and now well into her third repeat vniwieg of Dirty Dancing, Carrie had almost gorged her way through the whole of her Royal wedding cupcake diorama; it was just half of Prince William to go before Princess Eugenie’s time was finally up.