Fall Fest celebrates St. Peter

Gustavus students and St. Peter residents filled the Linneaus Arboretum on Saturday, Sept. 17 for the annual Fall Fest. The festival featured hay rides, guided tours, a book signing, alpacas and pumpkin painting.

Many local businesses were present, including stands selling goods made from alpaca wool, a pottery demonstration and sale and the Traverse Des Sioux Garden Center’s display of potted plants. Student volunteers from Gustavus’ own Big Hill Farm were on hand to sell their fresh, organic vegetables.

“I think this is a really good opportunity for Gustavus students to interact with the community,” Senior Dance Major and Big Hill Farm Volunteer Renee Guittar said.

The event, which was scheduled as part of St. Peter Day, also showcased the Mankato-based Bass Brand Brass Band, Gustavus’ Musical B.A.R. and the dixieland band Flood Plain Four. Fall Fest ended with a demonstration of the agility and herding abilities of border collies.

“My favorite parts were the alpacas and the herb garden [from the Traverse Des Sioux Garden Center]. I like that they are local business, too. It’s great that they collaborate with the college for this event,” Senior Russian Studies Major Ruby Mojarro said.

One thought on “Fall Fest celebrates St. Peter

1. Love your blog. I read seerval of the same blogs you listed too. I'm pretty new to this whole blogging thing, and I'm kinda just learning as I go, lots of fun! I am planning to do a hair bow giveaway soon. (2 FREE Custom made hair bows) A friend of mine is starting a new business.