Monday, September 16
- Collegiate Fellows reported a possible drug/narcotics violation in North Hall involving one student.
- A student reported the theft of a bicycle from College grounds.
Wednesday, September 18
- Five students while on College grounds were cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption of alcohol. One student was cited for underage possession of alcohol. One student was cited for failure to comply with a College Official.
Thursday, September 19
- A student came to Campus Safety to report a theft of personal property from a Norelius Hall laundry room that likely occurred on Wednesday, Sept. 11.
- A Collegiate Fellow noted a missing Residential Life poster in Sorensen Hall.
Friday, September 20
- An employee reported the loss of College keys.
- A fire in a trash can behind Southwest Hall was reported to Campus Safety. It was contained and determined to be accidental.
- A student in Uhler Hall was cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption and underage possession of alcohol.
- A Collegiate Fellow responded to an alcohol violation in North Hall involving three students.
Saturday, September 21
- A student reported a theft of property from a laundry room in Norelius Hall.
Sunday, September 22
- Three students in North Hall were cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption of alcohol. One student was cited by Campus Safety for underage possession of alcohol. Three students were cited for failure to comply with a College Official.
- Two students were cited by Campus Safety with underage consumption and one student was cited with underage consumption and possession while in Sorensen Hall.
- A student reported a bias incident in North Hall.
- Campus Safety investigated a theft of part of a bicycle outside Arbor View.
Tip of the Week:
Protect Your Property
More crimes of theft are committed on the Gustavus Adolphus College than any other crime. Thefts are crimes of opportunity and occur primarily when property is left in unlocked or in unattended areas. In an attempt to alleviate this problem, the Campus Safety Department makes the following suggestions:
Residence halls and private residences
- Keep the door(s) to your room or residence and windows locked at all times.
- Report defective campus locks on windows and doors IMMEDIATELY to the Physical Plant Office at 7504.
- Do not put your name or address on key rings.
- If you lose the keys to your residence, have the lock(s) changed. On-campus residents should notify Residential Life immediately.
- If you see a suspicious person or vehicle on campus or in your neighborhood, IMMEDIATELY contact the Campus Safety Department or the Saint Peter Police Department. Try to get the license plate number.
- Invest in a good U-Bar bicycle lock. Locks are available in the Book Mark.
- Always lock your bicycle. Bicycles should be locked around the frames to an object such as a telephone pole, sign or lamppost, bicycle rack, etc.
- Keep windows rolled up and locked when unattended.
- Keep vehicles cleaned out. Items left in vehicles are inviting to thieves.
- Remove anything that may advertise expensive electronic equipment in the vehicle.