Monday, November 5
• Campus Safety took a report of a theft from the Jackson Campus Center.
Wednesday, November 7
• Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in Uhler Hall.
Thursday, November 8
• Campus Safety investigated a report of a theft of personal property from an unlocked locker in the Lund Center.
Friday, November 9
• Campus Safety responded to a report of a theft of unsecured personal items in the Lund Center.
Saturday, November 10
• A Gustavus student was cited by Campus Safety for failure to comply with a College official and was transported to detox by the SPPD.
• One student was cited by Campus Safety for underage possession and consumption in Sorensen Hall.
• Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in the Jackson Campus Center.
Sunday, November 11
• One non-student was cited for underage consumption and trespassed from campus by Campus Safety while in Norelius Hall. One student was cited for a social host violation.
• The SPPD cited a non-student in Gibbs Hall with underage consumption and giving false information to a police officer. Campus Safety cited a student in Gibbs Hall with a social host violation.
Tip of the Week:
Thanksgiving Building Hours
All academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 21 and will remain locked until 12 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 25. Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a “Permission for Admittance Card” issued by a faculty or staff member. Additional cards can be requested by Faculty/Staff from Lisa Octigan (email@example.com).
Thanksgiving/Winter Parking notes
• Regular parking will be enforced during Thanksgiving Recess. Please park according to permit color and always assume that parking and traffic regulations are enforced when the College is open, even if classes are not in session.
• As winter weather approaches, remember that parking regulations ARE enforced during inclement weather and a parking permit is required for students and staff to park on campus. If you have any questions about parking, contact the Campus Safety office. All green permit parking except designated employee overnight parking in the motor pool is No Parking 2 a.m.-7 a.m., 7 days a week. One row of red permit parking (Stadium lot) is also posted No Parking 2 a.m.-7 a.m., and enforced 7 days a week.
• Parking in campus fire lanes is prohibited. A 15-minute grace period is allowed when loading and unloading heavy items but you must have your flashers on as an indication of your imminent return, and be parked on the side of the street closest to the Residential Hall only. The exception to this rule is the Three Flags Circle, where parking is PROHIBITED at all times without exception.
• Mid-November through March, bike racks at Academic/Administrative buildings are No Parking 2 a.m.-6 a.m. Bicycles parked overnight outside of these areas will have their locks cut and will be subject to storage fees. Please make arrangements to keep your bicycle at a residential hall bike rack or take your bike home for the winter months.