Monday, October 1
• Fourteen students were cited for noise violations, and one student was cited for underage consumption in Sorensen Hall.
• Two Collegiate Fellows cited ten students for noise violations in North Hall.
• Campus Safety investigated suspicious activity and a report of a verbal bias incident by the Interpretive Center.
• Four students were cited for a noise violation, two students were cited for underage possession, one student was cited for underage consumption and one student was cited for failure to comply with a College official in Norelius Hall.
Tuesday, October 2
• Collegiate Fellows responded to a possible alcohol violation in Rundstrom Hall involving three students and three visitors.
• Campus Safety responded to a noise complaint at the ten-o-nine house. Three students were cited by Campus Safety for a College policy violation.
Wednesday, October 3
• Two students were cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption on College grounds.
• A Collegiate Fellow responded to a noise violation in Uhler Hall and requested assistance from Campus Safety.
• A Campus Safety Officer responded to a report of property damage on College grounds.
• A Campus Safety Officer responded to a theft report at the Adolphson House.
• A Campus Safety Officer responded to a medical assist at Johns Family Courtyard.
• A Collegiate Fellow responded to a medical concern in Norelius Hall and contacted Campus Safety for a medical escort for a student.
• Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in the Lund Center.
Thursday, October 4
• A Campus Safety Officer responded to a report of damage to College property at the Music building.
Sunday, October 7
• A Gustavus student in Sohre Hall was cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption and transported by ambulance to the hospital.
• Campus Safety responded to a welfare check in Rundstrom Hall. Two students were cited by Campus Safety for underage consumption.
• Campus Safety responded to a medical assist in the Jackson Campus Center.
Tip of the Week:
Bicycle Regulations and Registration
• All students, faculty, and staff who wish to park a bicycle on campus must register it with the College.
• Registration of bicycles is accomplished in person at the Campus Safety Office located in the basement of Norelius Hall Room A35 or on the Campus Safety web page https://gustavus.edu/safety/
• There is no fee for registering a bicycle. You will receive a free Gustavus Adolphus College Bicycle identification sticker that is to be placed on your bicycle. The bicycle permit is good for as long as you are at Gustavus, you do not need to re-register. Notify Campus Safety if the bicycle changes ownership.
Bicycle Parking Regulations
• Parking and storage of bicycles is only permitted in the student’s resident hall/room, employee office, or any of the bicycle racks placed at various outside locations on campus.
• Indoor bike parking is never allowed in corridors, stairwells, exit pathways, or outside on trees, metal poles, or anywhere where it may impede emergency exit or maintenance around or in a building.
• November through March, bike racks at Academic/Administrative buildings are no parking 2 a.m.-6 a.m. Bicycles parked overnight outside of these areas will have their locks cut and will be subject to storage fees. Please make plans to take your bicycle home or park it at a Residential Hall.
• Bicycles parked on campus must be locked in a bicycle rack with a chain and padlock or other locking device.
• All improperly parked bicycles will be confiscated by Campus Safety or Physical Plant personnel. If the bicycle is secured, the lock will be removed at owner expense. Campus Safety will hold registered bicycles at a charge of $5/day. Non-registered bicycles well be held at a charge of $10/day.
• All students not staying at the College during the summer months must take their bicycle home with them at the end of the school year.