Trouble falling asleep in class?

Have you found yourself unable to zonk out in class lately? Have you been missing out on those productive and absolutely refreshing nap sessions during lectures, the ones that used to give you the energy and mental preparation to stay up all hours of the night? Instead of closing your eyes the first few minutes of class and consequently sawing logs in a matter of minutes, are you listening to the professor’s nasally voice and finding yourself asking your body Why won’t you go to sleep? Do not worry, poor soul! The aim of the following information is to help you with your affliction and to get you sleeping like a log in class in NO TIME.

Sleep disorders affect some twenty percent of Americans, meaning around fifty to seventy million people don’t get proper sleep in class. A sleep disorder, by definition, exists whenever there is a disruption in normal sleep patterns. A normal sleep pattern looks like this: sleeping from the beginning of class to the end of class. The most common sleep disorder is insomnia, which literally means “the inability to sleep in class.” However, just because you may have had trouble sleeping in class doesn’t mean you have a sleep disorder—you may be sleeping well in your room but not in your classroom. But do not lament! Let us look at a few things you can change in order to better your sleeping performance.

There are many factors that come into play when having trouble falling asleep in class. The first question you must ask yourself is, Am I creating a relaxed, comforting environment for myself? Am I, for example, masking that disgusting, penetrating voice of my professor with more soothing noises, such as the noise of a fan, a bubbling brook or the rainforest via a boombox, or even completely drowning them out by using ear buds?

Next, is the temperature of the room appropriate? If you find the room to be too cool or too hot, all you have to do is snoop around, find the thermostat and simply change it before class to the desired temperature. Finally, a comfy sleeping spot is hugely important. Are you making the proper accommodations for yourself? Quit being a numbskull and make sure to stake out the most comfortable-looking desk in the class. Also, bring bed sheets and pillows that fit your preferences. Don’t be afraid to use those Buzz Lightyear sheets, either—they’re always the most comfortable.

Eating heavily, smoking and caffeine are all known deterrents of sleep. Alcohol is too—so even though we know you want to, try and cut back on the nips from the flask in between class. Your body will surely be thankful. Also, sometimes putting something light into your stomach may get you sleeping like a baby. Try having a chicken wing or two, some dinosaur fruit snacks or call up Grandma to make you some banana bread. Also, get your stress and anxiety in check. I cannot stress this enough. Try some yoga, some meditation, check yourself in to anger management. Do yourself a favor. We all want to catch some shut eye in class.

Finally, friends, I will take you through a well-known technique that has been helping people sleep in class for centuries: counting sheep. If you are reading this in class already, perfect. Now, gently close your eyes, and imagine a wide open field. A breeze is flowing through the field, and the light green grass around you is swaying back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. Life is teeming everywhere around you. The sun is soaking into your skin. Now, imagine a white fence running through your field. There are fluffy, plump sheep next to it, and look! They are beginning to jump over the fence. Count them softly to yourself as they soar over the barrier. 1… 2… 3… Notice how tired you feel now. Your breathing is deep and relaxed. 4…5…6…7… Now quietly drift off to sleep.

6 thoughts on “Trouble falling asleep in class?

1. It’s always nice to see the basic insomnia cures again – deep breathing, lifestyle changes, sleep hygiene. And it’s an interesting viewpoint, I suppose – to advocate kids to nap in class, but I can’t say I’m against that, it can get really tiring now – there’s too much to do in life, and school shouldn’t play the dominant role.

2. Absolutely agree with you. However, the number of people who suffer from sleep disorders is constantly increasing because in modern times it is difficult to properly arrange your sleep Schedule . This is largely due to modern technology, namely computers. Now almost everyone has a computer and the time passes quickly for him. You look in the clock and already it’s time to get up and go to school. When I see a student with a red-eyed and tired, I can immediately determine how he spent the evening

3. As a long time sufferer of sleep apnea, I know that snoring is a good sign there might be a problem. I was a horrible loud snorer for many years before I took action. I ended up having a few bouts of atrial fibrillation which was brought up from the sleep apnea. I’m using a breathing machine now and have the apnea under control, and the a-fib episodes have been much fewer.

1. I want to express some apiarcpetion to you for rescuing me from this predicament. Because of scouting throughout the the web and finding opinions that were not powerful, I was thinking my entire life was well over. Being alive without the presence of strategies to the difficulties you have resolved through your main site is a critical case, and those that might have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I had not discovered your web page. Your actual talents and kindness in playing with almost everything was tremendous. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come across such a stuff like this. I can at this time look forward to my future. Thanks for your time very much for your reliable and amazing guide. I won’t think twice to suggest your web page to anyone who should have recommendations about this area.

4. causeof trouble sleeping is because of psychological problems, depending on the patient how serious he is to regulate and improve his life.It is begin of work pressure, alcohol, drugs and other problems that always disturb his sleep.Nice artikel.
    <a href=http://www.insomnia-symptoms1.com/insomnia-symptoms-overview/insomnia symptoms

5. Being alive without the presence of strategies to the difficulties you have resolved through your main site is a critical case, and those that might have in a negative way damaged my entire career if I had not discovered your web page. Your actual talents and kindness in playing with almost everything was tremendous. I’m not sure what I would’ve done if I hadn’t come across such a stuff like this.
    zaenalabidin.com/6-cara-menyembuhkan-insomnia-dengan-alami/